Connect Now is all about creating opportunities for deeper connection, when networking, and beyond. Business today requires a more customized and personal approach to very specific and identifiable audiences. The more niche your offerings and audience, the more business opportunities you will create for yourself. To find your ideal client ask questions, and do more listening than talking. You will gather valuable intell that will save you time, generate better leads, and result in happier customers.
QUESTIONS TO OPEN YOUR BUSINESS NETWORKING CONVERSATION
1. Tell me about your business, what do you do?
2. What’s the most unique aspect of what you do?
3. What is your biggest goal with your business?
4. Who are your power partners? If you don’t have any, who would they be?
5. How can I help you in business and networking?
6. What are your primary job responsibilities?
7. What experience did you have to get your job?
8. How long have you been in your current position?
9. What did you do before your current job?
10. How did you break into this field?
11. What skills are required in your position on a day-to day basis?
QUESTIONS FOR GENERATING CONVERSATION
12. What type of clients does your business attract?
13. What type of client is your least profitable and why?
14. What is your biggest business challenge?
15. Do you have employees? If so, what’s the most difficult thing you have to deal with relating to your employees?
16. What’s the best thing that happened in your business so far this year?
17. What is a typical work day like for you?
18. How much client contact do you have on a daily basis?
19. What do you like and dislike most about your work?
20. What are the toughest problems and decision that you handle?
21. What would be a typical next career move for someone in your position?
22. What problems or needs exist within your industry?
23. Who are the most important people in your industry today?
24. Where do you see your company going in the coming year?
25. What other people do you recommend that I talk with? May I tell them that you referred me to them?
26. Can I have your email so I can follow up with you next week?
27. Is there anyone else in the industry you can introduce me to?
28. I would like to talk further with you on this subject, what is your phone number so we can continue this conversation?
Finally, here’s a recommended statement that will help you build solid connections and grow your business relationships by leaps and bounds:
“Let me think about who I can introduce you to who can help you further your business goals.”
Try it, and let me know how it works for you. If you have other questions that have worked for you, please share them in the Connect Now Social Networks: